Built in 2011, NY1 is one of the most advanced commercial Data Centers in the United States. Webair, the company that owns the DC, specializes in Web hosting services. The accumulated expertise and comprehensive approach allow for the highest reliability and performance of the Data Center and its network.
- 4MW of direct utility power dedicated to the data center via two transformers.
- 1MW of backup power provided via 3 redundant and paralleled generators with 12,000 gallons of on-site fuel, rated for 14 days of uninterrupted power.
- 200 tons of N+2 cooling provided via 10-20 ton CRAC units.
- 24 sensors through the facility integrate with the DCIM systems allowing real-time monitoring of PUE and all critical HVAC systems.
- Security cameras throughout the facility with video recording monitoring 24-hours a-day and a 90-day retention.
- All critical areas of the facility are zoned off and access is restricted.
- Detection provided via VESDA detection system comprised of four overlapping and redundant networks in the data center, UPS rooms, and all other critical areas.